LINK Audition Festival
Utah’s newest career development & all-inclusive audition resource for dancers & choreographers
Events | Schedule | Housing | Price | Guest Companies | Emerging Choreographers |
What is Link?
- 15 Dance companies and projects from across the region
- 12 Emerging choreographers from across the country
- 54 hours of rehearsal and training
- Auditions with 15 companies or projects looking to hire
- 6 days of 3-hour workshops with choreographers
- 15 morning classes (ie: ballet, contemporary, Gaga, partnering, etc)
- 1 professional seminar
- 2 evenings of performances
- 20 stage works
- 2 Installations
- Chance to submit work for feedback
- 200+ invited guests including Presenters, Agents, Managers, Artistic Directors, Teachers, Choreographers, and Dancers from companies across the region
May 18-23, 2020
AUDITION FOR COMPANIES ACROSS THE NATION
Housing option available until April 1
Registration closes May 1
Location: Marriott Center for Dance, University of Utah
LINK aids the professional dancer at the various stages of their career by developing skills, broadening career opportunities, and increasing exposure.
15 dance company directors, including SALT, will be watching classes throughout the week to audition dancers for their company and/or projects. See list of companies and projects below.
Each morning dance classes will be offered in a variety of styles for participants. See schedule below.
LINK participants start the week by joining us for an opening social! This is a great opportunity to get to know the fellow dancers, choreographers and company directors participating in the LINK Festival.
Festival participants can sign up to join Dine-arounds to go on networking dinners.
To conclude the festival, there will be a closing social on the studio balcony of the Marriott Center after the show.
Lunch seminars will be given on navigating the world of concert dance.
Each invited choreographer will be create an original work on a group of 10-15 dancers. Each dancer will work with 2 different choreographers, for 2 hours each day. These works will be presented in the Saturday evening concert. Throughout this process the dancers experience various artistic approaches and choreographic processes.
Join the SALT family
by becoming a donor!