A sister company to SALT Contemporary dance focused on fostering the
artistic voices of its dancers through creation, exploration, and performance.
Directed by Amy Gunter Lolofie
SALT2 provides an opportunity for dancers to have a professional experience mirroring that of SALT. The company performs SALT repertory as well as their own set of work from emerging choreographers. Rehearsals are led by the company director and focus on developing strong technique, partnering & choreography skills, and performance. The company performs many times throughout the season, and runs a recurring improvisation installation called “The Invitation”.
Sept 4, 2018 – May 30, 2019
- Company class will be held every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 12:30pm-2pm
- Company rehearsal immediately following, 2-3:30pm
Performances and Events:
- Performances in SALT Concerts
- Mid-year SALT Showcase
- End of Season SALT II Concert
- Community performances & workshops
- Fundraising Events
- Professional development in an environment mirroring SALT
- Perform SALT repertory and original works from emerging choreographers
- Focus on developing technique, partnerning, choreography, and performance skills
- Attend SALT’s company classes, guest masterclasses, Shape Choreography Festival, and Winter Workshop at no charge
- Partial scholarship to SALT’s Link Festival
- Full-season commitment
- Tuition of $175/month.