Utah’s newest career development & all-inclusive audition resource for dancers & choreographers
What is Link?
- 15 Dance companies and projects from across the region
- 12 Emerging choreographers from across the country
- 54 hours of rehearsal and training
- Auditions with 15 companies or projects looking to hire
- 6 days of 3-hour workshops with choreographers
- 15 morning classes (ie: ballet, contemporary, Gaga, partnering, etc)
- 1 professional seminar
- 2 evenings of performances by invited companies, projects and choreographers
- 25 stage works
- 2 Installations
- 450+ invited guests including Presenters, Agents, Managers, and Artistic Directors from companies across the region
LINK aids the professional dancer at the various stages of their career by developing skills, broadening career opportunities, and increasing exposure.
Each invited choreographer will be create an original work on a group of 10-15 dancers. Each dancer will work with 2 different choreographers, for 2 hours each day. These works will be presented in the Saturday evening concert. Throughout this process the dancers experience various artistic approaches and choreographic processes.
15 dance company directors, including SALT, will be watching classes throughout the week to audition dancers for their company and/or projects.
Each morning dance classes will be offered in a variety of styles for participants.
Submit solo or group works to be adjudicated; receive individualized feedback on your choreography; take classes to improve your creation skills; co-create a new work to be presented at the Saturday evening performance.
During the week, the dancers are immersed in six immersive experiences including:
- Networking events: such as the opening social (Monday) and the pre-show gala party (Friday)
- Pop up Dance Film Festival: Dancers will work with a videographer to shoot edit and present a short dance promo film
- Improv Jam & Hip Hop Battle: Dancers will come together in a fun and creative environment of improvisation
- Restorative Classes: health professionals and specialists offer services and teach restorative movement classes focused on dancers needs
- Two Evening Concerts: Invited Dance companies and projects (Friday), Invited choreographers and the new works created on LINK participants (Saturday).
Saturday professional seminar will be on navigating the world of concert dance
(Subject to change)
|8:30 – 10:00 AM||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||Choreography Festival|
|10:00 – 11:30 AM||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA||Choreography Festival|
|11:30 – 12:00 PM||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Seminar|
|1:00 – 4:00 PM||Choreography||Choreography||Choreography||Choreography||Tech 4:00 – 6:00 PM||Tech and Dress|
|4:00 – 5:00 PM||Dinner||Dinner||Dinner||Dinner||Pre-Show Party 6:00 PM|
|Evening||6:00 PM Opening Social||5:00 – 10:00 PM: Pop-up Dance Film Festival in SLC||7:30 – 9:00 PM: Improv Jam Hip-Hop Battle||6:00 – 8:00 PM: Energy Restore Classes||7:30 PM Concert: Invited Companies and Projects||Emerging Choreographers New Works Concert|
Full LINK Festival Admission (includes all events Mon-Sat) $400
Evening Events (price varies per event)
Choreography Festival Submission (Sat)
Group (4+): $80 + $5/dancer
SALT II (UT)
Wasatch Contemporary Dance Company (UT)
Body Logic Dance (UT)
(pending) Kairos Dance (CA)
Elle Vie Dance Company (FL)
Project Flux (ID)
Oquirrh West Project (UT)
Starry-Eyed Dance (UT)
Divinity Dance (UT)
St. George Dance Company (UT)
Jess Harper & Dancers (CA)
Myriad Dance Company (UT)
Join the SALT family
by becoming a donor!